Thursday, December 24, 2009

Tug grounds on same reef as Exxon Valdez supertanker

MERRY CHRISTMAS  
TO PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND  
FROM  
CROWLEY MARITIME
I worked for this outfit (Crowley Maritime Corp.) and their various companies in the Arctic and elsewhere for 15 years.  I worked in the engineroom.  This stupid son of a bitch managed to hit the only rock within hundreds of miles.  The SAME rock (Bligh Reef) that the EXXON VALDEZ hit!  Stoopid fucks.












If you click on the picture it will become huge.  Notice the white stripe around the hull, and how close to the waterline the aft deck is.  This piece of shit is FULL of fuel.

I left this occupation after 15 years in the dead of Winter in Kodiak when it occurred to me that DEAD MEN DON'T DRINK BEER.   I called the hall in Seattle and asked for my relief to fly up so I could go home.  The guy on the phone at the union hall said "hey, you are going to fuck up your career."  I said "you don't get it - I am going to END my career - my retirement is vested." (btw- 15 years vested in the Inlandboatmen's Union don't exactly finance the good life, but I aint stuck out there on that rock, either.)

No comments:

As Jim Hightower explains it, is that “the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans possess more net worth today than the bottom 90 percent of us combined. Worse, these privileged few and their political henchmen have structured a new economic ‘normal’ of long-term joblessness, low wages, no benefits or worker rights, miserly public services, and a steadily widening chasm between the rich and the rest of us.” We must restore sanity to this nation.