Wednesday, July 15, 2009

PLEASE sign the HEALTH CARE petition from Senator Patty Murray of Washington state

We are facing an historic opportunity to fix our broken health care system in the next few months. As I go through this debate, there is nothing more important to me than making sure that all our families are safe and healthy.

Sign Senator Patty Murray's petition today!
But today, I hear from far too many people who can't get health care. And I know all too well that even families that have good health care are at risk today of losing it because of rising premiums and loss of access.

That's why it's absolutely critical that we pass legislation this year to ensure quality, affordable health care for all Americans.

And I need your help to get this done.

So today I'm launching an online petition, calling on Congress to pass meaningful health care reform that insures every American. Will you help?

Sign my petition for health care reform right now - and share your thoughts with me.

After years of being blocked and vetoed, Congress finally passed an extension and expansion of the Children's Health Insurance Program and President Obama signed it into law, giving 4 million new children the ability to see a doctor when they get sick.

When a child gets hurt, sick, or develops a serious disease, they should be able to get health care. Period.

I'm proud of our progress -- but we're just getting started. Now we need to cover every single American.

Sign my health care petition now -- and let's work together to pass meaningful health care reform right now.

Some critics say we can't afford to tackle health care reform. I say we can't afford not to.

I'm committed to protecting health insurance where it's good, improving it where it's not, and ensuring quality care for the millions who don't have it at all -- while preserving your choice of doctor, treatments, and insurance plans throughout it all. And I'm working hard to include a public option to help ensure lower costs. I know we can do it.

Today, there are nearly 47 million uninsured Americans. The uninsured can't afford checkups when healthy, so they'll only go to the hospital when they're very sick. These costs get passed on to insured Americans as a "hidden tax" through increased premiums.

Getting health care reform passed this year is not just about compassion -- it's about economic common sense. Health care reform may be the best economic stimulus plan we could have.

I'm talking to my colleagues in Washington about health care every day, and I'd love to have your ideas and support behind me.

Join me in supporting health care reform by signing my petition right now.

Last month, President Obama said about health care, "If we don't get it done this year, we're not going to get it done." I couldn't agree more.

So please sign my petition -- and let me know your thoughts. Together, we can make sure every American has access to health care.

Sincerely,

Patty Murray
U.S. Senator

No comments:

As Jim Hightower explains it, is that “the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans possess more net worth today than the bottom 90 percent of us combined. Worse, these privileged few and their political henchmen have structured a new economic ‘normal’ of long-term joblessness, low wages, no benefits or worker rights, miserly public services, and a steadily widening chasm between the rich and the rest of us.” We must restore sanity to this nation.