Monday, March 2, 2009

Alrighty then - we (you and I, if you are an American) own 80% of insurance big AIG (G WTF Bush bought it for us). We ( you and I again) are going to loan OUR company another $30B. Dosen't seem like very good business practice for MY company. I OWN this sonofabitch and I want to KNOW what makes this behemouth more worthy of propping up than some small business and homeowners who are going down the shitter? Poorly managed businesses, I don't give a crap WHAT sort they are, go into bankruptcy restructuring. These fucking banks should be no different.

I am 62 years old, a veteran and a registered voter. I have NEVER liked banks or bankers. I have always believed that a bankers ONLY goal in life is to seperate you from your money. If that really IS the goal, they are quite successful indeed.

humor:
The government gave another 30 billon dollars to AIG because they already lost the 62 billion they got last quarter due to systemic deterioration. Said a government spokesperson, “I know it sounds like an unreal amount of money, but the cost of doing nothing would be in the jillions.”

JOSH over at TPM has been wondering the same thing

No comments:

As Jim Hightower explains it, is that “the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans possess more net worth today than the bottom 90 percent of us combined. Worse, these privileged few and their political henchmen have structured a new economic ‘normal’ of long-term joblessness, low wages, no benefits or worker rights, miserly public services, and a steadily widening chasm between the rich and the rest of us.” We must restore sanity to this nation.