Here's why you should sign.....
Dr. Ray Seed recently submitted an ethics complaint to the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) detailing an early intentional plan by the US Army Corps of Engineers and the Dept of Defense to:
1. hide the mistakes of the Corps of Engineers in the metro New Orleans flooding;
2. sabotage the independent investigations by UCal Berkeley and LSU;
3. intimidate those who tried to intervene;
4. limit the scope of the official Corps-sponsored levee investigation; and
5. delay the release of its findings until the public's attention had turned elsewhere.
All of this was done with the help and the complicity of some in the ASCE. Dr. Seed, a well known and highly credible source, has risked his career to come forward with no expectation of personal gain.
An editorial in the New Orleans Times-Picayune calls these charges "deeply troubling" and says they "deserve serious attention."
DEADLINE TO SIGN: MIDNIGHT DECEMBER 9, 2007