Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Representative Brian Baird (D-Wa my district) held a town meeting in Vancouver Washington last night to discuss his changing stance on Iraq. It took guts, and sounds like it was not pretty:
PLEASE USE OUR HANDY CLICK~N~READ. I will add more links as they come in. Thanks to my local Democratic precinct leader for keeping me abreast of this changing story.

Portland channel 8 news story
here

I feel that I owe Mr. Baird an apology for accusing him of turning "blue dog Democrat" on us. Mr. Baird, please accept my sincere apology. We hired you to use your best judgment in representing us, the people of this district of Washington, and you have never failed to do a great job of it. I will stand with you through this crisis.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8-21-PM
I am gonna give Baird the benefit of the doubt for a LITTLE WHILE, but a little while is all he gets from me, as this is a deadly serious subject. If he has been bought, befuddled, or bullshitted by the Bush crew, then I got no use for him. Soon as I heard about this I accused him of becoming a blue dog. I have retracted that accusation for now...but it is right here on my desk!

He chose the job, he works for US. Any thinking person KNOWS that we could never get out of Iraq "precipitously", or anything LIKE rapidly.

We tore the place apart, and I think we owe those people a LOT more than a phoney baloney oil law...there is a lot that we could be working toward that the Bush crew is NEVER going to do...UN, European union, hells bells, asking for help would mean admitting failure to Bush and he could never do that...so Baird COULD have said some positive things, some new ideas, but he did not.

No comments:

As Jim Hightower explains it, is that “the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans possess more net worth today than the bottom 90 percent of us combined. Worse, these privileged few and their political henchmen have structured a new economic ‘normal’ of long-term joblessness, low wages, no benefits or worker rights, miserly public services, and a steadily widening chasm between the rich and the rest of us.” We must restore sanity to this nation.