Monday, January 29, 2007

‘Definition’
"Omar, Inside Iraq, McClatchy News Service, January 28, 2007

Since I was a little kid I tried to learn English, so I started to educate my self by reading books, listening to songs in English language and working hard to find their meanings in dictionaries.

Now a day I seize the chance to ask my Iraqi and American colleagues about the meaning of words, especially about words which start to give different meanings because language develops.

Now I feel confused about the word racist, I started to think about it since along time but I decided to write about it when I saw some footage of Iraqi victims of unknown dead bodies which are totally disfigured, although I know what the word racist means but I am afraid it could have a different meaning specially when I listen to Mr. George W Bush speeches, so this time I wish if he can tell me what is it mean........" more people should read this.

hat tip to Informed Dissent

No comments:

As Jim Hightower explains it, is that “the wealthiest 1 percent of Americans possess more net worth today than the bottom 90 percent of us combined. Worse, these privileged few and their political henchmen have structured a new economic ‘normal’ of long-term joblessness, low wages, no benefits or worker rights, miserly public services, and a steadily widening chasm between the rich and the rest of us.” We must restore sanity to this nation.